UX Burlington 2015: Designing with Empathy
by Sam Selikoff November 2, 2015
- Conduct interviews and observe, ideally in users' own environments
- Participatory design. Bring users in early on in the design process. Output is an artifact that you can use during design.
- For example, asked patients to draw their symptoms on a body. Insight: patients used shapes to indicate sensation on their body (star for sharp pain).
- Usability testing
- Can be cheap and fast
- Purpose: to find out if your product is usable
- For example, used the color red for a health app. Diabetics saw this as guilt-inducing.
- Building trust is key